Whether you’re new to the chat bot game, or you’ve got hundreds of flows under your belt, it’s always worth checking in on your copy. If you’re stuck for inspiration here are 50 ideas to keep your audience engaged.
1 - It’s a conversation, so keep it chatty.
Chat bots work because of their personal user experience, the trick is to make the reader feel as if they’re talking to another human, rather than a bot.
- Hey there [first name], how are you?
- As it’s your first time, I’ve got a special offer for you.
- It's lunch time, feeling hungry?
- Thanks, talk soon!
- I’m just here to give you a helping hand.
- Thank god it’s the weekend, right?
- If you’re anything like me, you don’t share food.
- Have a free shot on us. Thank me later.
- Hi [first name], how’s your week been?
2 - Think short, simple and to the point.
Chat bots are different to email, and other forms of digital content, because they’re read on messenger. You need to keep what you need to say as short as possible, any big messages that start off the screen will only turn people away.
- Tell me below
- Is this your number/email?
- Fab, thanks!
- We’ve got a gift for you!
- You’ll love it
- Talk soon
- Good to know!
- How can I help?
- Hey! Welcome to [company name]
3 - Don’t Forget About Buttons
With Chatbots it can be easy to get caught up in crafting the perfect copy for your main message, and then forgetting about buttons. Buttons are an integral part of your chatbot, so make sure you spend some time making them inviting and engaging.
- Let's do it!
- I’m in!
- Yes Please
- Sounds great
- Go for it!
- I do!
- Tell me more.
- Not right now
- Get back to me.
4 - Get Inventive with CTA‘s
While we’re on the subject of buttons, unlike other messages they have a character limit - meaning that they’re not always the best choice when it comes to CTA. It’s usually worth outlining your CTA in your main message, rather than just keep it to your button
- Share with your friends to collect more loyalty points.
- Just show this message at the bar to collect the offer
- Let me know the best email to contact you on.
- I just need you to answer 3 quick questions for me
- Do you know anyone else who would like this?
- Can you just let me know how much you spent?
- You only need one more point for your surprise gift
- I just need your email so you can collect your free drink.
- Your free drink is waiting for you, I just need your email first.
Need help crafting copy that is fresh, compelling and informative? Book in a call with me to see how I can help you find your brand voice.